Friday, December 16, 2011

White Rose Weddings Wishes Everyone a Great Christmas


Well as the big day approaches, thats Christmas Day of course, its dawned on me that i am now going to be so busy getting organised that it really will not leave me any time to blog.

This year our family are spending it together, with the exception of my son Chris who is serving on ship with the Royal Fleet Auxillary, will be sad to be without him this year but i have sent him a large package full of christmas gifts so he knows he is still with us in mind and heart.

Looking back over the past year, as everyone tends to this time of year we reflect on the highs, lows and challenges we have faced. We remember our loved ones who may no longer be with us, or family that are overseas, or just unable to spend christmas with us.

As I reflect on this past year, I can honestly say that I am very blessed. I have a wonderful family & friends who are on hand to support me whenever i need them. I have a lovely home & a job that I totally love. My career for over 15 years was teaching, working with children has been so rewarding and so much fun. When 5 years ago my youngest daughter was diagnosed with a serious illness, life was turned upside down for a while. Being a good mum, caring for her needs and working became a real juggling act. It dawned on me that maybe it was time for a new direction.
Over the years my organisational skills have been frequently put to the test, fundraising events, parties, school trips, and helping organise friends weddings (my favourite of all).


Now here I am with a job that i adore, all things wedding, and some flexibility to be here with my daughter when she needs me. There have been times when i have thought to myself can i do this? Can i really set up my own small business, It is hard work but for anyone who really has the drive and desire for it i would say Yes! go for it! the rewards outway the negatives. Like most things in life you get what you put in.


So I see the old year out with a smile on my face. I would like to take this opportunity to wish everyone here in the UK, All my new American freinds & all my other followers from around the world        
  "A VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS & A VERY HAPPY NEW YEAR"